Vintage Flower Frogs

I’ve always loved colored glass, and I love the way the glass ones catch the light. The ceramic ones look like an artist's pallet. I have no idea why they are called "frogs," and can only guess that it's because they were set in water.

The stubby-shaped ones were set in the bottom of flower vases with the stems of the flowers being placed into the holes to hold the arrangement in place. The disc-shaped ones are the tops of vases. The stems were placed through the holes and down into the water in the vase.

Click below to view my catalogs I use to ensure I don't buy duplicates.

Peter Christensen
Salmon Creek, WA, USA